My Facebook Account is Deactivated

To claim that Facebook plays a big component in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not only do I use it to interact with friends and family-- however I'm permanently adding material to among the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

My Facebook Account Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my surprise when I tried to sign into Facebook one early morning just to get the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even indicate?

I attempted to visit with an additional web browser and I obtained the exact same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook supplied a form submission web page for those wishing to write to Facebook concerning their impaired account, and I emailed them primarily asking why my account was handicapped and just how I can obtain accessibility back to the countless pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I manage a selection of pages for customers, and also was constantly conscious regarding the content I published-- besides, my parents get on Facebook too.

After sending the email to Facebook, I sent out an email to the pals who's e-mail addresses I really had and also discussed what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were just able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were classified right into 3 different categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it since you published political stuff (I like Ron Paul and also shared content concerning #OWS).
- Perhaps somebody flagged you.

I check out some of the short articles by others that have had their accounts impaired to find out why my own was unexpectedly drawn-- without warning I need to include. The posting dates on the posts cover the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the business has actually forever been on a behind the curtain campaign of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I found some articles by popular blog owners or journalists, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Much of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or web pages reabled soon after Facebook discovered that they disabled. For the remainder people, we're primarily on our very own.

Reviewing these short articles didn't instill much hope in me or my situation. The understanding of what I shed was beginning to set in as well.

Over the years I had computer systems collision, taken, shed, etc. and relied on Facebook to host all my traveling and also event photos. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not upload all my photos on Facebook for my friends and also family to view at their discretion? There were well over 2000 images, many videos, post (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still have not been able to reconnect with lots of who were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming a really grim circumstance as I additionally recognized just what was lost.

I had to reclaim accessibility to Facebook to manage the pages for my clients, as well as also for my very own ventures. Most of my pages' admin accessibility were shown to a partner as well as were quickly set back up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

A few of the Facebook web pages admin access were shown to my customers, whom I needed to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" and truly so. I, as well, would question the individual I paid to handle my Facebook page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still don't have a response to that concern. "I have no concept" is the answer I still give, because its true. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason why my account was handicapped. After reading the factors Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add people, post sex-related content, harass any individual. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Just after I review various other write-ups did I recognize a little bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is various than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, however not by much. It was still phonetically the very same, yet spelled various than the remainder of my family members. I likewise had a customer that lately used a competition promo to increase their email checklist. According to Facebook advertising standards, competitions can only be worked on Facebook with one of two applications: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that client's Facebook web page and it was gone also. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't specifically held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's site), and the champion was informed by means of e-mail (you can not announce champions on your wall surface), I was certain this was the angering action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Au revoir'.

At this moment it had to do with a week since I initially wrote Facebook that fateful early morning, and I still hadn't received a reply. I revisited the page permitting me to get in touch with Facebook, as well as discussed that I currently had a better suggestion regarding why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I pledged never to do something like that once more (was it truly that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent that off and waited again. After a couple of more days I recognized something. something extremely important-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever received the email due to the fact that it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent out another e-mail to Facebook, this moment letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did call me before this email, I would have never ever received it.

A few days later I lastly received an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only response I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent response-- certain Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I'm sure there should be a person there with much better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever understand if/when they'll determine to remove you.
2. Don't manage your various client's web pages with the same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you won't shed them all.
3. A lot of my friends are pretenders who's accounts are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Add as a pal" switch making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month since I had my account handicapped, and also had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I have not tried to get in touch with Facebook straight given that I got the email from Javier, yet I did begin the internet site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the adverse experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling policy? Nope.

I take care of a couple of MU sites as well as if you desire somebody off your site, by all means remove them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account as well as to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded material onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook needs to allow those who they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their good friends condition updates (instead of 'Suching as' it). Facebook already makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit more mature in this field-- especially with their IPO revealed. I'm actually taking into consideration buying stock so they will certainly need to listen to my problem-- at the minimum I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account handicapped? Did you get it back, and if so exactly how?