My Facebook is Deactivated

To state that Facebook plays a huge component in my life is a little bit of an understatement-- as I make sure it is for any other social media supervisor. Not only do I utilize it to interact with friends and family-- however I'm for life including material to among the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

My Facebook Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Envision my surprise when I tried to sign into Facebook one early morning just to receive the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that even indicate?

I attempted to visit with an additional web browser and also I got the very same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook supplied a type entry web page for those wanting to write to Facebook regarding their disabled account, as well as I emailed them essentially asking why my account was impaired as well as just how I can get access back to the many pages I'm an admin for. I discussed that I manage a variety of web pages for clients, and also was constantly conscious regarding the web content I uploaded-- besides, my moms and dads get on Facebook as well.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent out an e-mail to the buddies that's email addresses I in fact had and described what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, a lot of my friends were just able to be contacted by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were identified right into 3 different classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it because you published political stuff (I such as Ron Paul and common web content concerning #OWS).
- Possibly someone flagged you.

I research several of the posts by others that have actually had their accounts handicapped to find out why mine was suddenly drawn-- without advising I need to add. The posting days on the articles extend the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the firm has actually permanently gotten on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some posts by well-known bloggers or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Many of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their accounts and/or web pages reabled soon after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the rest of us, we're basically on our very own.

Checking out these posts really did not impart much hope in me or my situation. The understanding of what I shed was starting to set in as well.

Throughout the years I had computers accident, swiped, shed, etc. as well as relied on Facebook to organize all my traveling and party images. The site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not submit all my images on Facebook for my friends as well as family members to see at their discernment? There were more than 2000 photos, many video clips, article (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't been able to reconnect with lots of that were all lost when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be a very grim scenario as I better realized simply what was shed.

I had to regain access to Facebook to take care of the web pages for my customers, and additionally for my very own ventures. A lot of my web pages' admin access were shared with a partner as well as were conveniently set back up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Several of the Facebook pages admin accessibility were shared with my customers, whom I needed to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and also truly so. I, also, would examine the person I paid to handle my Facebook page why their Facebook account was disabled. Would not you?

I still don't have a solution to that concern. "I have no suggestion" is the solution I still give, since its real. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason why my account was impaired. After reviewing the reasons Facebook impaired accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add individuals, post sex-related web content, harass anyone. so why they deleted me didn't make sense. Only after I read other articles did I recognize a bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, however not by much. It was still phonetically the very same, yet meant various than the remainder of my family. I also had a customer who recently made use of a contest promo to boost their e-mail listing. According to Facebook advertising standards, contests can only be operated on Facebook through one of two apps: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that customer's Facebook web page as well as it was gone also. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't specifically organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's website), as well as the champion was alerted via e-mail (you can not announce victors on your wall surface), I was positive this was the annoying action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

At this point it had to do with a week considering that I originally created Facebook that eventful early morning, and also I still had not gotten a reply. I took another look at the web page allowing me to speak to Facebook, and also discussed that I currently had a much better idea regarding why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I pledged never ever to do something like that again (was it truly that negative??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited again. After a couple of more days I realized something. something really important-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever gotten the email because it was set to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent out one more email to Facebook, this time around letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did call me before this e-mail, I would have never ever received it.

A few days later I ultimately got an email from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only feedback I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent reaction-- sure Facebook is a 'young' business, but I make sure there need to be a person there with much better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never understand if/when they'll determine to erase you.
2. Don't handle your different customer's web pages with the very same account. If one page/account obtains erased, you will not shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders who's profiles are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Add as a friend" switch making it impossible to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month since I had my account impaired, and also had great deals of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to call Facebook straight considering that I obtained the email from Javier, however I did begin the internet site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the negative experience.

Do I want Facebook to transform their disabling plan? Nope.

I handle a few MU websites and if you want someone off your website, by all means erase them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if nobody uploaded material onto the site-- No pictures to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook needs to allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them retrieve their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their friends standing updates (rather than 'Suching as' it). Facebook already makes it possible for an active account to be downloaded, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a bit more mature in this field-- especially with their IPO introduced. I'm really considering buying stock just so they will certainly have to pay attention to my problem-- at the minimum I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account handicapped? Did you get it back, and if so just how?