Deactivated Facebook Account

To say that Facebook plays a big component in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make certain it is for any other social media sites manager. Not just do I utilize it to stay connected with family and friends-- however I'm permanently including material to one of the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Deactivated Facebook Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I attempted to authorize into Facebook one morning only to receive the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that also mean?

I tried to visit with one more internet browser and also I obtained the exact same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook provided a kind entry web page for those desiring to contact Facebook about their handicapped account, and also I emailed them generally asking why my account was disabled and just how I can get accessibility back to the many web pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I manage a variety of pages for customers, and also was always conscious concerning the material I uploaded-- besides, my moms and dads get on Facebook too.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an email to the friends that's e-mail addresses I actually had as well as explained what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were just able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were identified into 3 different groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it because you posted political things (I like Ron Paul as well as common content about #OWS).
- Possibly someone flagged you.

I read up on some of the write-ups by others who have had their accounts handicapped to find out why mine was unexpectedly drawn-- without warning I should include. The publishing days on the posts extend the life time of Facebook, showing that the firm has actually permanently gotten on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some short articles by renowned bloggers or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Much of these high-profiled Facebook users had their accounts and/or pages reabled not long after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the rest of us, we're essentially on our very own.

Checking out these write-ups didn't impart much hope in me or my circumstance. The awareness of what I lost was starting to set in too.

Throughout the years I had computer systems crash, stolen, shed, etc. and count on Facebook to host all my traveling and party photos. The web site isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not post all my images on Facebook for my friends and family members to check out at their discretion? There were well over 2000 pictures, numerous videos, blog posts (notes), plus all the contacts (I still have not been able to reconnect with several who were all shed when Facebook impaired my account). This was seeming a really stark circumstance as I even more understood just what was shed.

I had to restore accessibility to Facebook to manage the web pages for my clients, and additionally for my very own business. A lot of my web pages' admin accessibility were shown to a companion and also were easily set back up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the brand-new account.

Several of the Facebook pages admin access were shared with my clients, whom I had to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. All of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" and truly so. I, as well, would examine the person I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a solution to that concern. "I have no idea" is the response I still give, because its true. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason that my account was disabled. After reviewing the reasons Facebook handicapped accounts on their web page I was still at night. I didn't spam-add individuals, message sex-related web content, pester anyone. so why they erased me really did not make sense. Only after I read other short articles did I understand a little bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your display name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, however not by much. It was still phonetically the same, yet led to different than the remainder of my household. I likewise had a client that lately utilized a contest promo to enhance their email list. According to Facebook advertising standards, contests can just be worked on Facebook through either apps: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook web page and also it was gone also. Aha!

Although the contest had not been exactly organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's web site), and the winner was notified through email (you can not reveal winners on your wall), I was confident this was the offending action which had me brought in off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

Now it had to do with a week because I originally created Facebook that eventful early morning, as well as I still hadn't obtained a reply. I revisited the web page permitting me to speak to Facebook, as well as discussed that I currently had a much better idea concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I vowed never to do something like that once more (was it really that bad??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited once more. After a couple of even more days I realized something. something very essential-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never received the email due to the fact that it was set to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent another email to Facebook, this moment letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did call me prior to this email, I would have never ever received it.

A few days later on I finally received an email from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only reaction I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile response-- sure Facebook is a 'young' business, yet I make sure there have to be someone there with better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never know if/when they'll make a decision to remove you.
2. Do not manage your various client's pages with the very same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you will not shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs that's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a friend" switch making it impossible to re-add them.

Its been about a month since I had my account handicapped, as well as had lots of time to review the experience. I haven't tried to call Facebook straight considering that I obtained the email from Javier, yet I did begin the site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, as well as the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the negative experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I take care of a couple of MU websites and also if you want someone off your site, of course delete them/block them/whatever. But for Facebook to disable the account and also to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if no one uploaded content onto the website-- No pictures to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook should enable those that they disabled to download their account, letting them recover their photos/videos/notes/ etc., prior to going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their friends status updates (rather than 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it possible for an active account to be downloaded, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit elder in this field-- specifically with their IPO revealed. I'm actually considering buying stock just so they will need to pay attention to my issue-- at the very least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account handicapped? Did you get it back, as well as if so exactly how?