Facebook Disabled My Account

To claim that Facebook plays a huge part in my life is a little an understatement-- as I make certain it is for any other social networks manager. Not just do I use it to stay connected with friends and family-- however I'm for life including content to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Facebook Disabled My Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I tried to sign into Facebook one morning just to receive the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even imply?

I attempted to visit with one more internet browser and I obtained the same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook supplied a kind submission web page for those desiring to contact Facebook concerning their disabled account, and also I emailed them essentially asking why my account was impaired and also exactly how I can obtain accessibility back to the countless web pages I'm an admin for. I clarified that I manage a variety of web pages for clients, as well as was constantly conscious about the web content I published-- besides, my moms and dads are on Facebook too.

After sending out the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an email to the pals who's email addresses I in fact had as well as described what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, a lot of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that e-mail were identified into three various groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it because you published political things (I such as Ron Paul and also common content regarding #OWS).
- Maybe somebody flagged you.

I read up on several of the short articles by others who have had their accounts impaired to discover why my own was unexpectedly pulled-- without advising I ought to include. The publishing dates on the write-ups cover the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the business has actually permanently been on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I located some write-ups by famous bloggers or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and also Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A number of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their profiles and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook uncovered that they disabled. For the rest of us, we're generally on our own.

Checking out these posts really did not impart much hope in me or my circumstance. The awareness of what I lost was starting to embed in as well.

Throughout the years I had computers accident, swiped, lost, and so on and rely upon Facebook to host all my travel and also celebration images. The web site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not publish all my images on Facebook for my friends and family members to check out at their discernment? There were well over 2000 pictures, countless videos, post (notes), plus all the contacts (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with lots of that were all shed when Facebook impaired my account). This was seeming an extremely stark scenario as I additionally realized just what was lost.

I had to gain back access to Facebook to take care of the pages for my clients, and also for my own business. Most of my pages' admin access were shown a partner as well as were quickly set back up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin access were shown my customers, whom I needed to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" as well as truly so. I, as well, would question the individual I paid to manage my Facebook page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Wouldn't you?

I still don't have a solution to that concern. "I have no suggestion" is the response I still offer, since its true. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason that my account was disabled. After checking out the reasons Facebook impaired accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add individuals, blog post sexual content, harass any individual. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Just after I check out various other articles did I understand a little bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is various than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, however not by a lot. It was still phonetically the very same, yet spelled different than the rest of my household. I additionally had a customer that lately used a contest promo to boost their email checklist. According to Facebook marketing guidelines, contests can only be worked on Facebook via a couple of applications: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that client's Facebook web page as well as it was gone too. Aha!

Although the contest had not been exactly hosted on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's website), and the victor was notified via email (you can not introduce victors on your wall), I was confident this was the upseting activity which had me brought in off Facebook without even a 'Adieu'.

Now it was about a week because I originally composed Facebook that fateful early morning, as well as I still had not gotten a reply. I revisited the page allowing me to call Facebook, and also described that I now had a better concept concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I pledged never ever to do something like that once again (was it truly that bad??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited again. After a few even more days I realized something. something extremely important-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never ever gotten the email due to the fact that it was set to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent an additional e-mail to Facebook, this time letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did contact me prior to this email, I would certainly have never ever obtained it.

A few days later I ultimately obtained an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only reaction I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' business, but I make certain there have to be a person there with far better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' OK Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever recognize if/when they'll choose to erase you.
2. Do not handle your different client's pages with the exact same account. If one page/account obtains erased, you won't lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs that's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a close friend" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month since I had my account disabled, and also had lots of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't tried to contact Facebook straight given that I received the email from Javier, but I did start the web site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the unfavorable experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling plan? Nope.

I take care of a few MU sites and also if you desire someone off your website, by all means remove them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and also to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded content onto the site-- No images to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook should enable those who they disabled to download their account, letting them get their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, before going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their pals standing updates (rather than 'Suching as' it). Facebook currently makes it possible for an active account to be downloaded, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a bit elder around-- specifically with their IPO introduced. I'm in fact thinking about buying stock just so they will need to pay attention to my problem-- at least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, and if so just how?