Disabled Facebook Account

To say that Facebook plays a huge component in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not just do I utilize it to interact with loved ones-- however I'm forever including web content to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

Disabled Facebook Account



Facebook Disabled My Account



Visualize my surprise when I tried to sign right into Facebook one morning only to receive the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even mean?

I attempted to visit with another web browser and I obtained the very same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook provided a kind submission page for those desiring to write to Facebook about their handicapped account, and also I emailed them primarily asking why my account was disabled and how I can obtain access back to the various web pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I handle a range of pages for clients, and was always conscious concerning the content I posted-- besides, my moms and dads get on Facebook also.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent an email to the close friends that's email addresses I actually had as well as discussed what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, most of my friends were only able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were identified into 3 various categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you published political stuff (I like Ron Paul and shared content about #OWS).
- Maybe somebody flagged you.

I read up on several of the short articles by others who have had their accounts handicapped to learn why my own was instantly drawn-- without cautioning I need to add. The posting days on the short articles extend the life time of Facebook, revealing that the business has actually for life been on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I found some short articles by popular blog owners or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Many of these high-profiled Facebook users had their accounts and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook found that they disabled. For the remainder people, we're basically on our own.

Reading these short articles didn't instill much hope in me or my situation. The awareness of what I shed was starting to embed in also.

Throughout the years I had computers collision, swiped, shed, and so on and depend on Facebook to host all my traveling as well as celebration images. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not upload all my images on Facebook for my friends as well as family members to check out at their discretion? There were more than 2000 photos, many video clips, article (notes), plus all the contacts (I still have not had the ability to reconnect with many that were all shed when Facebook impaired my account). This was seeming a really grim situation as I better realized just what was lost.

I had to regain accessibility to Facebook to manage the pages for my customers, as well as additionally for my very own enterprises. Much of my web pages' admin access were shared with a partner and were quickly set back up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I set up the brand-new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin access were shared with my customers, whom I needed to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" as well as rightfully so. I, also, would examine the person I paid to handle my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was handicapped. Would not you?

I still don't have a solution to that inquiry. "I have no suggestion" is the answer I still provide, because its real. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason why my account was disabled. After reviewing the factors Facebook disabled accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add people, message sex-related material, pester any person. so why they deleted me didn't make good sense. Only after I read other posts did I comprehend a bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your display name is various than that on your birth certification. Mine was, however not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, however led to different than the rest of my family members. I additionally had a customer that recently utilized a contest promo to enhance their email checklist. According to Facebook advertising guidelines, contests can just be worked on Facebook with either applications: ShortStack and WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I inspected that client's Facebook web page as well as it was gone too. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't exactly held on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's site), as well as the winner was informed through email (you can not announce champions on your wall), I was confident this was the angering action which had me brought in off Facebook without so much as a 'Goodbye'.

Now it had to do with a week since I at first composed Facebook that eventful morning, and also I still had not obtained a reply. I took another look at the page permitting me to contact Facebook, and also clarified that I currently had a much better suggestion concerning why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I vowed never ever to do something like that again (was it actually that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent out that off and waited once again. After a few more days I understood something. something really important-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever received the e-mail since it was set to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent another e-mail to Facebook, this time around letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did contact me prior to this e-mail, I would have never gotten it.

A couple of days later I ultimately got an email from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only response I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile feedback-- certain Facebook is a 'young' company, however I make sure there should be a person there with better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us once again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never understand if/when they'll make a decision to remove you.
2. Don't manage your different client's pages with the exact same account. If one page/account gets removed, you won't lose them all.
3. A lot of my friends are snobs who's profiles are either hidden from search, or they disabled the "Include as a close friend" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month since I had my account handicapped, as well as had great deals of time to review the experience. I haven't attempted to get in touch with Facebook directly since I received the e-mail from Javier, but I did start the site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the unfavorable experience.

Do I want Facebook to change their disabling policy? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU websites and also if you desire somebody off your site, of course remove them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and also to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog posts, that is wrong. What would certainly Facebook be if no one uploaded web content onto the site-- No pictures to share or tag-- No posts to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook needs to allow those who they disabled to download their account, letting them retrieve their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their pals status updates (instead of 'Suching as' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a bit elder in this area-- particularly with their IPO announced. I'm really thinking about buying stock so they will need to pay attention to my complaint-- at least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account impaired? Did you get it back, and if so just how?