My Facebook Account is Deactivated

To say that Facebook plays a big component in my life is a bit of an exaggeration-- as I make sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not just do I use it to communicate with loved ones-- but I'm for life including material to among the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

My Facebook Account Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my shock when I tried to authorize right into Facebook one morning only to obtain the complying with message:

My account was disabled? What does that even indicate?

I attempted to log in with one more web browser and I got the exact same message. Facebook impaired my account!

Facebook supplied a kind entry page for those wanting to write to Facebook concerning their handicapped account, and I emailed them generally asking why my account was impaired as well as how I can obtain gain access to back to the countless pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I take care of a range of pages for clients, as well as was always mindful about the web content I uploaded-- nevertheless, my moms and dads are on Facebook too.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent out an email to the pals who's email addresses I in fact had and also explained what happened. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, a lot of my friends were just able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that email were categorized into 3 different classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it because you published political things (I like Ron Paul as well as shared material regarding #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I research some of the articles by others that have had their accounts handicapped to figure out why my own was unexpectedly drawn-- without warning I need to include. The publishing dates on the posts cover the life time of Facebook, revealing that the company has forever gotten on a behind the curtain project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some short articles by famous blog owners or journalists, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A number of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their accounts and/or web pages reabled not long after Facebook found who they disabled. For the rest of us, we're generally on our very own.

Reviewing these articles didn't instill much hope in me or my situation. The realization of what I shed was starting to set in as well.

Throughout the years I had computer systems crash, stolen, shed, etc. as well as depend on Facebook to host all my traveling and celebration images. The internet site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not upload all my images on Facebook for my friends as well as household to view at their discernment? There were more than 2000 photos, many videos, article (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with lots of who were all lost when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be an extremely grim scenario as I further recognized just what was lost.

I had to gain back access to Facebook to take care of the pages for my clients, and also for my own ventures. Many of my pages' admin gain access to were shared with a partner as well as were quickly set back up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

A few of the Facebook web pages admin access were shared with my clients, whom I needed to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my new account. All of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" and truly so. I, too, would certainly question the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Would not you?

I still do not have a solution to that question. "I have no suggestion" is the answer I still give, because its true. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason that my account was disabled. After reading the reasons Facebook impaired accounts on their page I was still in the dark. I didn't spam-add people, message sex-related web content, harass anybody. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Only after I check out various other posts did I comprehend a little bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your display name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, however not by much. It was still phonetically the same, but led to different than the rest of my family members. I likewise had a client who just recently utilized a contest promotion to increase their email checklist. According to Facebook marketing guidelines, contests can only be run on Facebook with either applications: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook web page as well as it was gone also. Aha!

Although the contest wasn't specifically held on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's web site), and also the champion was alerted via e-mail (you can not reveal victors on your wall surface), I was certain this was the angering action which had me ushered off Facebook without even a 'Goodbye'.

At this moment it was about a week because I at first created Facebook that eventful early morning, and I still had not obtained a reply. I revisited the page permitting me to get in touch with Facebook, and also discussed that I currently had a much better concept about why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I swore never to do something like that again (was it actually that poor??) if they just reable my account.

I sent out that off and also waited once again. After a few more days I recognized something. something extremely essential-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever obtained the email since it was readied to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Harsh.

So I sent one more e-mail to Facebook, this time letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did contact me before this e-mail, I would have never received it.

A few days later I lastly got an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only reaction I'll likely receive from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent reaction-- certain Facebook is a 'young' firm, but I make sure there should be somebody there with far better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- do not email us once more.' OKAY Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever know if/when they'll decide to remove you.
2. Don't manage your numerous customer's web pages with the very same account. If one page/account gets removed, you will not shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders that's accounts are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Include as a buddy" switch making it impossible to re-add them.

Its been about a month since I had my account handicapped, as well as had great deals of time to assess the experience. I have not tried to get in touch with Facebook straight because I got the email from Javier, yet I did start the internet site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the negative experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling plan? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU websites and also if you desire somebody off your website, by all means remove them/block them/whatever. But for Facebook to disable the account and also to keep the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if no one uploaded content onto the site-- No photos to share or tag-- No short articles to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook should enable those who they disabled to download their account, letting them get their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their good friends condition updates (in contrast to 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to get a little bit elder around-- specifically with their IPO revealed. I'm actually taking into consideration buying stock so they will certainly have to listen to my grievance-- at least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, as well as if so how?