My Facebook Account Was Disabled

To state that Facebook plays a big component in my life is a little bit of an understatement-- as I'm sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not just do I utilize it to correspond with family and friends-- but I'm forever including content to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

My Facebook Account Was Disabled



Facebook Disabled My Account



Imagine my surprise when I tried to authorize into Facebook one early morning only to receive the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even mean?

I tried to visit with another browser and I obtained the very same message. Facebook disabled my account!

Facebook supplied a form entry web page for those wanting to write to Facebook concerning their handicapped account, and also I emailed them essentially asking why my account was disabled as well as how I can obtain access back to the countless web pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I handle a variety of pages for customers, and was constantly mindful about the web content I uploaded-- nevertheless, my moms and dads get on Facebook also.

After sending out the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the good friends that's email addresses I actually had and also discussed what took place. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were just able to be called by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that email were identified right into three different groups:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it since you posted political things (I like Ron Paul and also shared material concerning #OWS).
- Perhaps someone flagged you.

I check out some of the write-ups by others who have actually had their accounts disabled to find out why my own was suddenly drawn-- without alerting I need to include. The posting dates on the short articles span the lifetime of Facebook, showing that the firm has actually for life been on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I located some articles by famous blog owners or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A lot of these high-profiled Facebook users had their accounts and/or pages reabled soon after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're basically on our own.

Checking out these short articles really did not instill much hope in me or my situation. The realization of what I shed was beginning to embed in too.

Over the years I had computers accident, taken, shed, and so on and rely upon Facebook to host all my travel and also celebration pictures. The site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not post all my pictures on Facebook for my friends as well as family members to watch at their discretion? There were more than 2000 images, numerous video clips, blog posts (notes), plus all the contacts (I still haven't been able to reconnect with numerous who were all lost when Facebook impaired my account). This was seeming a really stark circumstance as I further realized simply what was lost.

I had to regain access to Facebook to handle the pages for my clients, as well as additionally for my very own enterprises. Many of my pages' admin access were shown to a companion and were quickly set back up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin access were shown my customers, whom I had to contact to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and truly so. I, also, would question the person I paid to handle my Facebook page why their Facebook account was impaired. Wouldn't you?

I still do not have a response to that inquiry. "I have no concept" is the solution I still offer, because its true. Facebook has still yet to provide me a reason why my account was disabled. After checking out the reasons Facebook disabled accounts on their web page I was still in the dark. I really did not spam-add individuals, message sex-related web content, pester anybody. so why they erased me didn't make good sense. Only after I read various other posts did I recognize a bit a lot more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, yet not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, but led to various than the rest of my family members. I additionally had a customer who just recently made use of a contest promo to enhance their e-mail list. According to Facebook advertising guidelines, competitions can just be run on Facebook with a couple of applications: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that client's Facebook page and also it was gone too. Aha!

Although the competition had not been exactly organized on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's web site), as well as the champion was alerted through e-mail (you can not introduce winners on your wall), I was confident this was the annoying activity which had me ushered off Facebook without so much as a 'Au revoir'.

At this point it had to do with a week since I at first composed Facebook that eventful morning, as well as I still hadn't received a reply. I reviewed the page enabling me to speak to Facebook, and discussed that I currently had a better idea regarding why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I swore never to do something like that again (was it truly that poor??) if they just reable my account.

I sent that off and also waited once more. After a couple of more days I realized something. something extremely crucial-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook e-mails. Even if they did email me, I would have never gotten the email since it was readied to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Severe.

So I sent another email to Facebook, this time around letting them understand that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did call me prior to this e-mail, I would certainly have never received it.

A couple of days later on I finally got an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Here's the only response I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent response-- sure Facebook is a 'young' business, however I make sure there need to be somebody there with far better tact than 'we're not going to reable your account-- don't email us once more.' OK Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever understand if/when they'll decide to erase you.
2. Don't manage your numerous customer's web pages with the same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you will not lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs who's accounts are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Include as a pal" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its been about a month given that I had my account handicapped, and had great deals of time to review the experience. I have not tried to get in touch with Facebook straight given that I obtained the email from Javier, however I did start the site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the adverse experience.

Do I want Facebook to transform their disabling plan? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU websites and also if you want someone off your site, of course erase them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog posts, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if no one uploaded material onto the site-- No pictures to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook ought to permit those who they disabled to download their account, letting them obtain their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their good friends condition updates (as opposed to 'Suching as' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to get a bit more mature in this field-- particularly with their IPO announced. I'm really taking into consideration buying stock just so they will certainly need to listen to my problem-- at least I'll benefit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, as well as if so how?