Facebook Account Disabled

To state that Facebook plays a large component in my life is a little bit of an understatement-- as I make sure it is for any other social media supervisor. Not just do I utilize it to correspond with friends and family-- but I'm for life adding material to one of the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for customers.

Facebook Account Disabled



Facebook Disabled My Account



Visualize my surprise when I tried to sign into Facebook one early morning only to get the following message:

My account was disabled? What does that even indicate?

I tried to log in with an additional browser and also I got the exact same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook provided a type entry page for those desiring to contact Facebook concerning their disabled account, as well as I emailed them basically asking why my account was impaired and just how I can obtain gain access to back to the countless web pages I'm an admin for. I described that I handle a range of pages for customers, and also was constantly conscious concerning the material I published-- after all, my moms and dads get on Facebook also.

After sending the email to Facebook, I sent an email to the close friends that's e-mail addresses I in fact had as well as explained what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were only able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I received from that email were categorized right into 3 various categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would they do that ??
- Is it since you posted political things (I like Ron Paul and shared web content regarding #OWS).
- Perhaps someone flagged you.

I check out a few of the posts by others who have actually had their accounts handicapped to find out why my own was unexpectedly pulled-- without cautioning I must include. The posting days on the short articles span the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the firm has for life gotten on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discretion.

I discovered some short articles by popular blog owners or reporters, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). Much of these high-profiled Facebook customers had their profiles and/or pages reabled soon after Facebook discovered who they disabled. For the remainder people, we're primarily on our very own.

Checking out these posts really did not impart much hope in me or my circumstance. The awareness of what I shed was starting to set in also.

Throughout the years I had computer systems collision, swiped, shed, and so on as well as relied on Facebook to organize all my traveling and party pictures. The web site isn't going anywhere anytime quickly, so why not submit all my pictures on Facebook for my friends and also household to watch at their discernment? There were more than 2000 photos, plenty of video clips, article (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still haven't had the ability to reconnect with lots of who were all shed when Facebook disabled my account). This was looking to be an extremely stark situation as I even more realized just what was lost.

I needed to reclaim access to Facebook to take care of the web pages for my clients, and additionally for my own business. A lot of my pages' admin access were shown a companion as well as were easily held up up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly created, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the new account.

A few of the Facebook web pages admin gain access to were shown my customers, whom I needed to call to have them re-add me with my new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" and rightfully so. I, as well, would certainly question the person I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was impaired. Would not you?

I still do not have a response to that question. "I have no idea" is the solution I still give, because its true. Facebook has still yet to give me a reason my account was disabled. After reading the reasons Facebook handicapped accounts on their web page I was still at night. I didn't spam-add people, blog post sexual web content, bug anybody. so why they removed me didn't make sense. Only after I read various other short articles did I comprehend a bit extra.

Facebook can disable your account if your display name is different than that on your birth certificate. Mine was, but not by much. It was still phonetically the exact same, yet spelled different than the rest of my family. I additionally had a customer that just recently used a competition promo to raise their email list. According to Facebook marketing standards, competitions can just be worked on Facebook via one of two apps: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that customer's Facebook web page as well as it was gone as well. Aha!

Although the competition wasn't precisely hosted on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's internet site), as well as the winner was notified by means of email (you can not reveal victors on your wall surface), I was positive this was the annoying activity which had me brought in off Facebook without even a 'Au revoir'.

At this moment it had to do with a week given that I originally wrote Facebook that fateful morning, and I still hadn't gotten a reply. I reviewed the web page permitting me to get in touch with Facebook, and also described that I currently had a better idea concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I pledged never to do something like that once again (was it actually that poor??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent that off and waited once again. After a couple of more days I understood something. something extremely important-- I created a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never gotten the email because it was set to "Avoid Inbox/Delete". Rough.

So I sent one more email to Facebook, this time letting them know that I had a filter on my gmail and if they did contact me prior to this email, I would have never ever received it.

A few days later on I ultimately received an email from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only feedback I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What a juvenile reaction-- sure Facebook is a 'young' company, yet I make certain there should be somebody there with far better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us once again.' OK Facebook.

So what did I pick up from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never recognize if/when they'll decide to delete you.
2. Do not handle your numerous customer's pages with the same account. If one page/account obtains deleted, you will not lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs that's accounts are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Include as a good friend" button making it impossible to re-add them.

Its had to do with a month since I had my account impaired, and also had lots of time to assess the experience. I have not tried to speak to Facebook directly considering that I got the e-mail from Javier, but I did start the site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the adverse experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling plan? Nope.

I manage a few MU websites and also if you desire somebody off your website, of course erase them/block them/whatever. However, for Facebook to disable the account as well as to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog articles, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if no one uploaded content onto the website-- No images to share or tag-- No write-ups to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook ought to enable those that they disabled to download their account, letting them get their photos/videos/notes/ etc., before going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their pals condition updates (rather than 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not an impaired account?

It's time for Facebook to obtain a little bit more mature in this field-- particularly with their IPO announced. I'm actually thinking about buying stock so they will certainly have to pay attention to my issue-- at least I'll profit from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and also if so just how?