Is My Facebook Account Deactivated

To say that Facebook plays a big part in my life is a little an understatement-- as I'm sure it is for any other social networks manager. Not just do I utilize it to communicate with friends and family-- yet I'm forever including content to among the many web pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

Is My Facebook Account Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Visualize my surprise when I tried to sign into Facebook one morning just to get the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even mean?

I attempted to visit with another web browser as well as I obtained the very same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook provided a form submission page for those wishing to write to Facebook regarding their impaired account, as well as I emailed them generally asking why my account was impaired as well as just how I can get accessibility back to the various pages I'm an admin for. I explained that I handle a range of web pages for customers, as well as was constantly mindful concerning the material I posted-- nevertheless, my moms and dads are on Facebook too.

After sending the email to Facebook, I sent an e-mail to the close friends who's email addresses I actually had and described what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, the majority of my friends were just able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I got from that email were categorized into three different classifications:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it since you published political things (I such as Ron Paul and common web content about #OWS).
- Maybe someone flagged you.

I read up on some of the posts by others that have actually had their accounts impaired to find out why my own was all of a sudden pulled-- without alerting I must include. The posting days on the articles span the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the company has actually permanently gotten on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I found some posts by well-known blog owners or journalists, including Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, and Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A lot of these high-profiled Facebook individuals had their profiles and/or web pages reabled soon after Facebook uncovered that they disabled. For the remainder of us, we're essentially on our very own.

Reading these posts really did not infuse much hope in me or my situation. The realization of what I shed was beginning to embed in as well.

Over the years I had computers accident, taken, lost, and so on and rely upon Facebook to host all my travel and also party pictures. The website isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not submit all my images on Facebook for my friends and household to watch at their discernment? There were well over 2000 photos, countless video clips, post (notes), plus all the contacts (I still have not had the ability to reconnect with lots of who were all shed when Facebook handicapped my account). This was looking to be an extremely grim situation as I further understood just what was lost.

I needed to reclaim access to Facebook to take care of the pages for my customers, and additionally for my very own ventures. Most of my web pages' admin gain access to were shared with a companion as well as were easily set back up with the new Facebook account I begrudgingly developed, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

A few of the Facebook pages admin access were shown my clients, whom I had to contact to have them re-add me with my brand-new account. All of them asked "Why did your account get disabled?" as well as truly so. I, too, would certainly examine the individual I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Wouldn't you?

I still don't have a solution to that question. "I have no idea" is the response I still offer, because its real. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason that my account was handicapped. After checking out the reasons Facebook handicapped accounts on their page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add individuals, article sexual web content, bug anybody. so why they removed me didn't make good sense. Just after I check out various other articles did I recognize a bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your screen name is various than that on your birth certification. Mine was, yet not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, however meant different than the rest of my family members. I likewise had a client who recently used a competition promo to increase their email list. According to Facebook marketing guidelines, contests can only be worked on Facebook via a couple of apps: ShortStack and also WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I checked that customer's Facebook web page as well as it was gone also. Aha!

Although the contest had not been specifically held on Facebook (it was hosted on the client's internet site), and the winner was notified through e-mail (you can not introduce winners on your wall surface), I was confident this was the annoying activity which had me brought in off Facebook without so much as a 'Au revoir'.

At this point it was about a week since I originally created Facebook that eventful early morning, as well as I still hadn't gotten a reply. I reviewed the web page permitting me to contact Facebook, as well as discussed that I currently had a better idea concerning why they disabled me, which I was sorry. I promised never ever to do something like that once more (was it actually that poor??) if they just reable my account.

I sent that off and waited again. After a few even more days I understood something. something extremely essential-- I developed a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would certainly have never ever obtained the email since it was set to "Skip Inbox/Delete". Extreme.

So I sent an additional e-mail to Facebook, this moment letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail as well as if they did contact me before this email, I would have never gotten it.

A few days later I ultimately received an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Below's the only response I'll likely obtain from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent action-- certain Facebook is a 'young' firm, however I make certain there need to be a person there with far better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us once again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I learn from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever understand if/when they'll make a decision to delete you.
2. Do not handle your different customer's pages with the exact same account. If one page/account gets erased, you won't shed them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are snobs who's profiles are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Include as a buddy" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its been about a month because I had my account handicapped, as well as had great deals of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to call Facebook straight since I got the e-mail from Javier, however I did begin the web site www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and the hashtag project on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to draw attention to the adverse experience.

Do I desire Facebook to alter their disabling policy? Nope.

I manage a few MU sites and if you want someone off your website, of course erase them/block them/whatever. But also for Facebook to disable the account and to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog messages, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if no one uploaded web content onto the website-- No images to share or tag-- No short articles to Like-- No status updates to LOL at-- It would be ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Facebook should enable those that they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ etc., prior to going off to the barren marshes of Google+, or to RT their good friends standing updates (in contrast to 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it possible for an active account to be downloaded and install, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to get a bit elder around-- especially with their IPO announced. I'm in fact thinking about buying stock so they will certainly need to listen to my problem-- at the minimum I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and if so exactly how?